Educators and staff in our schools are seeing the potential of iBooks created with iBooks Author to use with students in a number of ways:
- Teachers create materials that can be pushed to students in an iBook format on their iPad
- Students create an iBook either as an assessment or presentation to demonstrate their understanding of a topic.
- iBooks created as a part of a course that could be delivered via iTunesU
To help schools with the tasks of creating an iBook using iBooks Author we have compiled an iBook that you can download here that provides the following information:
- What is an iBook?
- Content and Design of your iBook
- iBooks Author
- Previewing and Publishing your iBook
- How to share your iBook copy
Thanks also to my colleague Ron Van Vliet who collaborated with me to create the content in this iBook.
While using your iPad click on the image at right to access the link to the iBooks Author Guide. The link will then automatically open the book in your iBook App. It is 8.7 MB in size.
More useful resources for schools can be found at our curated scoop-it website iBooks for Schools.